random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Saturday, August 13, 2011

Quick Look: Clash of the Titans (2010)

I watched this movie last night, and wanted to give it a day to set in - which I do not know if that was a good or bad thing...
It is hard to call this movie a reboot, because it did not, in my opinion, resemble anything close to the 1981 film.  Also, if you are familiar with Greek mythology, this film does not even come close to showing anything considered "historical" within the mythos.
So, I will focus on a just a few points:
- All other criticism aside, this is a fun action/adventure movie, while a little unbelievable at times, still enjoyable.
- I did not like Liam Neeson as Zeus, and I am a big of fan of most of his work.
- Ralph Fiennes probably played the most interesting character in the film as Hades, but despite my best efforts to "not notice",  his voice sounded too much (to me) like Lord Valdemort's.
- The CGI creature effects were large scale, and bordering on outlandish.  They could have been scaled back about 25 percent and possibly improved the feel of the movie, making it more organic vs. less.

I viewed this on cable, so I do not know if there any good extras on the DVD or Blu-Ray.

2 comments: