random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Saturday, July 16, 2011

Worst Movie Endings: Pretty Woman (1990)

**spoiler alert** First, I must note I do enjoy this movie for some of the comedy, and the soundtrack was excellent.  The ending, however, was a load of crap, in my opinion.
A man in Richard Gere's position would not have gotten to where he was (wealth and status wise) by crumbling emotionally for the affections of a street walker having spent a whopping seven days with her.  Sorry.

So Julia Roberts basically leaves him realizing they are worlds apart, yet, Richard Gere goes trotting off after her to "rescue the princess" so they can live happily ever after, as the former hooker, and former corporate raider.  I say former because his credibility would be gone after botching his previous deal, and shacking up with a lady of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment