random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sequels, Prequels, Reboots & Series (part 2)

I would like to add to my prior discussion (a sequel, if you will) that when reviewing a film I like to treat it as its own entity.  Just saying "it's not as good as the first one", is to me, a plain, old cliche.
If the sequel/prequel/reboot/series filler was an inferior movie in general, I will attempt to articulate why that specific movie either should be avoided, or what about that movie a viewer might not like.  While context of the prior movie(s) may be referred to, I will make every attempt to avoid a straight side by side comparison, and my prior using the phrase noted above.

No comments:

Post a Comment