random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Worst Movie Ending: Aliens (1986)

** spoiler alert** I like this movie, a great action film, and a very good sequel. I believe the extended version on DVD does add some nice touches of background to the colony prior to being overrun by the aliens, and to Ripley's former life.
My problem lies only with one item - Ripley opening the air lock to dispel the Queen, and then climbing up the ladder, injured, with the vacuum of space behind her. Right. I feel like 100 things could have happened here to allow this sequence to go off and be believable, but it did not. Instead we are left to ponder why such an otherwise great film (on many levels) had this ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment