random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Quick Look: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, part 2

I was able to catch this movie on the big screen (which is a rarity, it seems) and was very happy I did.  This film installment could possibly be my favorite, or coming close to matching my accolades for the Prisoner of Azkaban.
The pace moved very well, and did not bog down, the action sequences were exciting, and the dialogue carried well.  Of course concluding this series was not an easy feat, and I thought the movie wrapped up perfectly.

Obviously a must see for a Harry Potter fan.  I do not think a non-fan could step into this movie by itself (meaning having not seen any of the previous films or read the books), and not be completely lost.

It's a little sad to think there will be no more Harry Potter stories, but great series (in general) have a finite story arc, and knows when to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment