random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Worst Movie Ending: House on Haunted Hill (1999)

**Spoiler Alert** This is a loose re-boot of the 1959 Vincent Price film of the same name. A group of people are offered money to spend the night in an old haunted psychiatric hospital. I liked the effects, the back story was entertaining, I liked the setting (something about old psych wards is extra creepy), the ghosts stalking the characters was not overboard in appearance or killings, nothing seemed overly vulgar, and then comes the ending... A digital black blob (THE evil) sweeping through house consuming any person it touches. It also seems to destroy some of the house, as well. The blob seems to be a single cluster of all the dead souls previosly killed in the house. It is controlled by the lead ghost who we have previously seen, but not in this form. I guess I would say the ending was either a cop out, or the director was unable to get his idea onto the big screen. Either way, I didn't like it. It did not feel contiguous.
I still recommend the movie, maybe the ending will go better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment