random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Monday, June 13, 2011

Quick Look: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Tim Burton's vision of the Roald Dahl classic.  5 kids win a trip into the magical candy factory of the very eccentric Willy Wonka.  Charlie is the pure of heart kid, while the other 4 are caricature-like in how "bad" each one is. 
I admit my first viewing of this movie left me thinking it was very average, and almost over the top silly at times, however, having watched it again I found myself laughing more and more.  Depp's Wonka is over the top, but in a good way.  What I really stepped back to appreciate the second time around, was the work that the actor who portrayed EVERY oompa-loompa must have gone through to have all the shots, movements, and costumes for the whole trip through the factory.
A good family movie, to pull off the shelf for a fun afternoon or evening viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment