random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Friday, April 5, 2013

R.I.P. Roger Ebert

Whether you liked his opinions or not, at least after reading a review of his, or listening to him review a movie, you knew what he thought about it.
That fact alone is why I chose to write this blog in the first place; because too many times I would read a random movie review (not one of his) and think to myself  "Ok, so what the hell did I just read, and I do I want to actually want to watch this movie?"  With Ebert (and Siskel, too), I could tell - even if I totally disagreed with his review - whether or not I would want to see said movie, and that, I respected very much.  I always attempt to bring that one element to my reviews - should you go see this film.

There are people who are gifted writers, and Ebert's weaving of words was excellent.  I will miss his blogs and articles, as well as some of his political commentary.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment