random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Tuesday, October 9, 2012

So tell me what you meant by once and done...

So I used the phrase "once and done" to describe my viewing of The Grey.  "Once and done" is actually meant in a complimentary way, describing a film that affected me in a such way - usually being something melancholy - that I would not have much desire to watch again.  The impression was already left burned into my brain.

Here are some movies I would consider "once and done" (and I may add more titles later):

Saving Private Ryan - so powerful, yet highly depressing.

Monster - a very sympathetic and humanizing look at the serial killer Aileen Wuornos.

Night and Fog - a 1955 french film looking at the horror of the concentration camps in Poland.

Schindler's List - again dealing with WWII concentration camps...

Leaving Las Vegas - ok, so you will never want to drink or be a prostitute after seeing this one...

My brother will be writing about this topic as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment