random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bob’s Memorial Day Recommendations

So, who are you spending your Memorial day weekend with? Family, friends, significant others, yourself? Well, as I always say, there is a perfect film for every occasion. So let’s find you guys some good titles to fit your holiday weekend.

So you don’t have to work, the kids are out of school, and it is a family holiday. Some of my top picks here would include The Wizard of Oz, The Adventures of Robin Hood (with Errol Flynn,) National Treasure, the first Star Wars (Episode 4, not 1,) Super 8,and/or The Goonies.

Long Weekend with the guys? Action! I would recommend Commando, Rambo: First Blood Part 2, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Expendables, and/or Predator.

Don’t worry, ladies. I haven’t forgotten you. I would recommend Death Proof, Bridesmaids, Now and then, and/or A League of Their Own.

If it’s going to be a romantic holiday weekend, I would recommend something for the funny bone. Try Caddyshack, Napoleon Dynamite, Raising Arizona, I heart Huckabees, or Airplane!

For those of you who are patriotic for Memorial day, a war movie is probably the way to go. I would recommend Patton, Saving Private Ryan, Platoon, or Full Metal Jacket. These are just some ideas to get you started in finding that perfect film to watch over your holiday weekend.

From your humble reviewers of Drive In: Home Edition, have a happy and safe Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment