random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bob's preview: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo



The American version of Stieg Larrson's novel will be release on 12/21/11.  
I don't know how to feel about this one.  On the one hand, I'm getting sick and tired of Hollywood making watered down and/or intellectually devoid versions of foreign films.  I'm still a little mad about how bad "The Grudge" was (American version of Ju-On.)  The American version of "Shutter" was pretty sorry, too.  
On the other hand, David Fincher is directing, and I've been a fan of his ever since "Se7en."  And Daniel Craig is playing Blomkvist, and he is a good actor.  And, okay, "The Ring" was a good movie, so I'm trying to keep an open mind.



James thoughts:
My brother makes multiple good points, some of which we have both touched on in the past : Hollywood needs to leave good international cinema alone.  However, I agree that Fincher is a good director and his work is getting better and better (just read his filmography after Alien3), plus I like Daniel Craig and almost all of the supporting cast I have seen in prior films; Stellan Skarsgard, Robin Wright, Christopher Plummer, Steven Berkoff - to name a few. 
I am going to attempt to catch this one in the theaters around the holidays, my initial feeling about this one is good.  Check out the trailers.


trailer 1: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1464638745/
trailer 2 : http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3830160409/


   

No comments:

Post a Comment