random opening

You notice we review lots of horror movies - that is true, my brother an I tend to favor that genre. However, we have seen plenty of the classics, romantic comedies, sci-fi, action, biographies, foreign films, indie films, anime, and westerns, to boot.



Look around end enjoy. Leave comments or email us.


Friday, April 27, 2012

Worst movie end: Dirty Dancing (1987)

I like this movie, and I love the soundtrack.  In fact, I would say song for song, and placement through the movie, it could be one of the best.  My sole problem with this movie lies with the ending, so let me elaborate.
**spoiler alert**
The movie plays out as a "loss of innocence" of the main character, Baby.  Some of her infractions include; partying and fraternizing with the staff of the resort her family is staying at, lying to her father to get money for an illegal abortion (remember this takes place in 1963), having pre-martial intercourse with gigolo-wannabe dance instructor, and creating a web of lies about her daily activities during the entire vacation.  When her deceit comes to light she has to face the music.  Literally.
Somehow... someway... putting on a dance show with her summer fling makes everything "ok" with her conservative father, who happens to be a doctor.  Apparently he is no longer concerned with her being part of a criminal enterprise, or her sexual activity with staff member.  Plus the owner of the resort also seems to want to put this rule breaking aside as it might be better for them monetarily speaking.
I don't think so.  Being a father, I can state for the record if one of my kids got mixed up in a situation like that one, dancing the mambo would not pacify my anger or regain my trust.
Swayze and Grey had "The Time of their Life", in fantasy land.

No comments:

Post a Comment